As Christmas fast approaches, I have no interst whatsoever.
The commercialised sense of Christmas has thrown me way off.
I can't stand to think about wasting money on gifts that have no meaning.
This day was given to us with the greatest gift the world has seen.
The life of Christ was born. The works of God started. The saving of the world had begun. And what do we do to appreciate that? We go get presents that have no meaning. Some of us drink just to be happy. We force ourselves into happiness with the family. When true happiness should be shared. We should be having the best day together.
A seven year old girl died this week with a rare form of cancer, and her only fear? Being forgotten. What a simple outlook of faith. She did not fear pain or death, simply having her parents forget her. This will never happen. Her parents will love her forever and the 13th of December will always be a sombre but somewhat happy day for them, and this Christmas will be almost their hardest if not the hardest, and yet the girls simple wish will be granted. So this Christmas I am not buying presents, I am not fussing over the Cliche Christmas, I will simply soak in those things we take for granted, I will love my family and have fun with what I have. What more do I really want than to have a good loving family that will be celebrating together instead of reflecting on what may have been.
I love my family.
I love my friends.
I love Christmas for its true meaning.
I love that I wrote so much.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment